Friday, September 25, 2009

Buckwheat Pancakes!!


I had originally tried this delicious treat at my husband's parents house. His Mom is adorable and just the best. She loves to entertain and always makes certain that everyone's belly is contently full--if not completely over-stuffed.
Buckwheat Pancakes was something she made before our diet had the need for change due to allergies. They were delicious and tasted healthy--which is strange for a pancake but for me they're just perfect! I find that once you eat healthy all that junk-food you once loved the taste of, really tastes quite gross. So these were always a breakfast I looked forward to when visiting.
The recipe was originally made with eggs but we've adjusted the recipe for those of us with egg-allergies.
My favourite part about these pancakes? It's my hubby who makes them! ^_^ So I get to sit back and relax in the morning while this remains a Strom tradition.

Strom's Buckwheat Pancakes:

1 cup Buckwheat Flour
1 cup Rice Milk (or any other milk beverage)
2 tablespoons Olive Oil (or any other oil)
1 tablespoon Agave Nectar (or sweetener of your choice)
1 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Egg Replacer equal to 1 Egg.
Raspberries (or fruit of your choice)

Mix all the Ingredients together until well mixed and dough-like consistency is reached. Please note, I recommend blending the egg-replacer mixture separately and then adding it to the mixture so that it doesn't clump. For the fruit you can play around, it's really your choice what you add and how much you add to it. Make them your own! ^_^
Cook in greased pan at fairly high heat until underside is brown. Flip and repeat.
Serve with toppings of your choice. I love mine with blueberry jam, Cory loves his with a little syrup. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment