Sunday, September 20, 2009

About this Blog...

Hello to all my wonderful Followers (New and old), or to those just passing by.

I decided to start this blog because I know how difficult it is to find Healthy Recipes that are void of those pesky Common Allergens most of the world pretends aren't bad for you.

Yes, I'm talking about Wheat, Gluten, Dairy, and Sugar.

My Husband fairly recently got an allergy test done and the results were not all that surprising. Those Common Allergens were on his list, along with several others that we a bit surprising. We switched to his allergy-needs--I switched because I still suspect myself to be allergic to most of these and, well, it's just plain healthier.
Now, even more recently, my brother got his allergy results back. His allergies? Surprise! Matched up almost perfectly with my Husbands. My conclusion? These are probably allergies to a lot of people whether we realize them or not. Really it's not a big surprise that there are as many health problems out there as there are, what when we treat out bodies with such malnutrition.
Switching to this "diet" has been an adventure that I have fully embraced and enjoyed. The only limits are those we place on ourselves.
So in all the recipes I am listing here I will also be eliminating the following (although I will include a few in brackets, meaning if you are not allergic to them then they make tasty variations of the original recipe).
These include:
Oats, Cranberries, Spelt flour, Kamut, Coconut, Mushrooms, Yeast, Chili Powder, and Soy.

So, here is a collective of Recipes I've come across along my way that I think are worth sharing or Recipes that I have made from scratch or by changing certain recipes to meet healthier needs.

Again, making these food changes are only as difficult as you make them. You CAN still find yummy food. It might take a little more work--meaning you can't just buy it in a box. You actually have to cook from scratch! *gasp* I for one LOVE this! I always wanted to do all my cooking from scratch and now I have the right motivation to do so. And let me tell you, it's fun, it's adventurous, and it's reaaaally nice to know what you put in your body (as opposed to those ingredient lists with words you can't even pronounce!).

Enjoy my Blog & the Yummy Recipes, and if you have any recipes you'd like to submit please let me know ^_^

Love & Bruises
xo
~Bianca

No comments:

Post a Comment